This has been the longest week, for real. I think that’s the case for most weeks leading up to a holiday weekend, but throw in teething twins…ugh. Thankfully I’ve had lots of help from my mom, mother in law, sister in law and of course Charlie. Needless to say I’m so looking forward to a long weekend! We’re staying close to home since the girls have been sleep training….the saddest thing in the world but totally necessary when you have two. We’ve taken steps forward so we don’t want to back track by changing it up and traveling this weekend.
A few of my favorite things lately…
1. These beauties are always my favorite and they are 5 months old today! Man does time fly! It’s supposed to be nice this weekend (yay!) so we’ll most likely be breaking out the baby pool again, which was the most adorable thing ever last weekend.
They haven’t been in a pool or any other body of water other than their bathtub so it was fun to watch. June was pretty skeptical of the water while Faith was all about it and splashing. I swear these girls are switching personalities on us!
2. A friend of mine has a furniture company, Iron Oak, and makes everything locally in Richmond, VA. I recently visited the showroom and shop where everything is made and this stuff is amazing- really well made, one of a kind pieces. They also can make anything custom in just a few weeks.
3. I loved reading this blog post on how to handle twins in public ALONE. This is a constant struggle in my life and the girls aren’t even mobile yet. Poor Faithy Rae doesn’t handle crowds and new environments well. We actually have a new phrase “pulling a Faith” when you’re in an awkward/uncomfortable situation and you just want to scream at the top of your lungs and bolt out the door, because that’s what Faith would do. She just wants to be at home alone with her family, bless her heart! She actually enjoyed this outing so I had to document it!
4. I love when I come across a new furniture source and this one came from a client. (I know, two furniture sources in one post, but when it’s good I have to share!) Joybird is another custom furniture store where you can pick your fabrics, finishes and SIZE! Pick your depth, width and height of your sofa! Brilliant! I’ve yet to order anything from them yet but when I do I’ll let you know! If you’ve had experience with them I’d love to hear about it!
5. Great tips on introducing color into a room on Apartment Therapy.
6. This is too funny- find out what your name would be if you were born today. I would be Brynn, and if I was born in 1900 I would be Bernadette, which ironically my parents joke about wanting to name me.
Have a great weekend!!