Holy growth spurt…that’s how I’d describe our week. That day in the life I posted earlier this week? This week has looked nothing like that. Our schedule during the day has basically been: they eat (for at least an hour most feedings), I eat, we all take a nap. Repeat 156481516543 times.
They did, however, start sleeping from 7:30/8pm to 6/6:30am without waking to feed! Miracles do happen people! You know that feeling when you wake up on your first day of a week long vacation? So well rested, so cheery, so many opportunities and events to look forward to ahead. That’s how we felt when we woke up the first time they did it. It was the best Monday morning ever.
Here are a few of my favorite things this week:
1. Like many of you, I’m sure, I’ve passed time watching endless amounts of HGTV. I got stuck on this site reading about all the details behind the scenes on some of the shows. One of my absolute faves:
They make me want to move to Texas and buy a junker house for them to beautify and then we’ll be life long best friends. Me and JoJo can decorate houses together and Charlie and Chip can play on the farm, and our kids will be BFFs…. too far?
2. A wireless charging station from Ikea? So cool…
3. The girls have grown out of their swaddles, which were enormous the first time we put them on (story of parenthood right?). I went to Babies R Us recently to get the next size up and got into a conversation with an expecting mom of twins on blankets, swaddles, etc. I highly recommended Halo Sleepsack Swaddles.
Faithy looks so worried when she sleeps!
When they first came home from the hospital we swaddled them in a blanket, which didn’t last long, they started busting out of them quick. I also wasn’t capable of doing it tight enough, Charlie was the swaddler of the family. We then moved to Summer Infant Swaddles and learned that they were starting to want their legs stretched out, so we’ve used the Halo swaddles since. They’re getting to the point where we need to start transitioning them out of swaddling and these are great because you can swaddle with arms in or out.
I need to take her advice. Our TV situation is a mess that I’ve put off knowing baby proofing is in our near future.
5. The best dad in the world:
And some adorable baby giggles.
6. Speaking of babies, I’m going to be an aunt!! My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a baby in November! The girls’ first cousin, and they’ll be less than a year apart in age! I can’t wait!
They’re gonna be amazing parents!